Tomorrow is August 10 (8-10), our Online Day of Action to keep our rest and jobs in front of Congress. Our representatives need to take action now to enact 10 hours irreducible rest for Flight Attendants and protect good U.S. aviation jobs.
Have you signed up for Twitter yet? Twitter is an effective platform to connect with our legislators and we’ve made it simple for you to sign up and participate.
Tomorrow, go to afacwa.org/8-10. This page will direct you to take action by tweeting at members of Congress and making calls for 10 hours rest and good U.S. aviation jobs.
8/10 Day of Action Checklist:
- Create a Twitter Account.
- Like AFA on Facebook and follow AFA on Twitter.
- Schedule 15 min on your calendar tomorrow to to make a difference.
- Spread the word with your flying partners.
To create a Twitter account:
- Go to http://twitter.com and find the sign up box, or go directly to https://twitter.com/signup.
- Enter your full name, phone number, and a password.
- Click Sign up for Twitter.
- In order to verify your phone number, Twitter will send you an SMS text message with a code. Enter the verification code in the box provided.
- Once you’ve clicked Sign up for Twitter, you can select a username (usernames are unique identifiers on Twitter) — type your own or choose one Twitter has suggested. Twitter will tell you if the username you want is available.
- Double-check your name, phone number, password, and username.
- Click Create my account. You may be asked to complete a Captcha to let Twitter know that you’re human.
- Follow @afa_cwa on Twitter.
- Add a profile picture to ensure people know you’re a real person and not a bot.
Thank you in advance for participating!
Your MEC – Jeffrey Peterson, Brian Palmer, Linda Christou, Lisa Pinkston, Terry Taylor, Mario de’Medici, Melissa Osborne, Tim Green, Brice McGee; and MEC Government Affairs Committee Chairperson Krystle Berry