Do You Want to Become a Nationally Certified Peer Recovery Specialist (NCPRSS)?
The National Association of Drug and Alcohol Counselors (NAADAC) is offering a ONE-Time test exemption pathway to obtain this certification. This certification will allow you to seek employment /volunteer within substance abuse treatment facilities that are using recovery peers to support their patients in early recovery. This offer is open until December 31, 2018. Below are the specifics that you need to know:
To qualify, you must have:
- A High School Diploma
- Minimum of 2 years of recovery from substance use and/or co-occurring mental health disorder
- 200 hours of direct practice (volunteer or paid hours) in a peer recovery support environment.
- Provide evidence of 60 hours of education. 50% of those hours must be from face to face learning (not online). 6 of the hours must be in ethics (within the last 6 years) and 6 must be in HIV and other pathogens (within the last 6 years).
- Complete the application and submit it before December 31, 2018.
- The application must include two references, one of which must be professional contained in sealed envelopes.
- You must mail the completed application and all supporting documentation with the application fee.
The Application Fee:
- The application fee is $150.00.
- It must be submitted with the application.
For More Information
- More information including the application forms can be found at https://www.naadac.org/ncprss