With the changeover to Jeppesen Crew Access (JCA), numerous expected and unexpected issues have popped up. This survival guide was developed in partnership with your AFA Council 30 Anchorage Scheduling Committee and contains frequently asked questions (FAQs) and tips to help you manage the new program. Please route any questions to your local Scheduling Committee members.
Voluntary Paid Video Tutorials
Use your resources! Please watch the video tutorials–they answer 90% of the questions asked by Flight Attendants in the past few days.
- Take the three-question quiz in order to receive your 1 TFP pay.
- You will receive a confirmation email after completing the quiz.
Call or email IT (877-238-1077, firstname.lastname@example.org) if you encounter any technical issues. Send the ticket number and all info to your local Scheduling Committee. Issues include, but are not limited to:
- Incorrect TFP totals
- Peoplesoft phone numbers not updated in JCA
- Sit Pay, Pay Protection, or Sick Leave not showing up in trips or TFP totals
- Rosters not syncing to Outlook calendar
If you have JCA concerns or requests that are not IT issues, email your local Scheduling Committee members.
|IT: 877-238-1077 or email@example.com|
Please review CBA §11.E.1 [Reserve Self-Assignment].
The reserve self-assignment period for AM and PM Reserves is 10am-2pm PT the day prior to report (9am-1pm AKT). ER Reserves may not self assign.
If you self-assign a trip, you are still contactable during your normal availability.
- Crew Scheduling can change/take your self-assigned trip if necessary pursuant to §11.E.1.e:
- If you self-assign APSB, it does not count toward your 4 APSB per month as it relates to Section 11.F.14.
- Only APSB assigned by Crew Scheduling counts toward your 4 per month
- APSB cannot be self-assigned on JCA at this time – call CS to self-assign APSB.
- You still receive the Reserve premium pay if you self-assign a trip.
Reserve trading, advertising and splitting blocks/days
Management has estimated it will be one month until reserve trading, advertising, and splitting blocks/days will be programmed.
- Management is working on a message board for Reserves to advertise trades.
- Until that time, email ReserveDesk@alaskaair.com for reserve trading.
- AFA has filed a grievance due to this lack of programming.
Open Time Codes
TO/DD/CP codes in eMaestro are TO in JCA, TX/no code in eMaestro are no code in JCA. To view the code, click the trip info, then click the second drop-down menu. Trade codes are still subject to CBA §12.E.1.a.
Tips for Navigating JCA
Use “Homebase,” “Open time,” “Trade,” and “Grab” in the Trip Pool to look for certain trips
- When looking for out-of-base trips, make sure your “Homebase” icon is not selected
- LAX only: To find co-terminal trips only, deselect “Homebase” and filter for the desired co-term(s). (This is being addressed.)
- The Filter will filter through any trips in the list you have selected
- You may select multiple lists at the same time
- FA trips have a green line or half line on the left, Open Time trips do not
- Grab Only – a Present in the right corner
- Trade Only – Arrows in the right corner
Premium will show up as a green number in the right corner of a trip, where the Present or Arrows are located. 1.5 = 1.5X pay, 2 = 2X pay, etc. However, once you pick up a premium trip there is no longer an indication it is a premium trip once it is on your roster (issue is identified and being worked on).
Open days on the calendar view will be white, closed days have diagonal gray stripes
To find the name of the FA who advertised a trip in the Trip Pool, use the Trip Info tool from above. If you advertise a trip, please post your name in the notes!
The automatic setting when advertising a trip is Trade and Grab. You must deselect an option if you do not want it
When you advertise a trip, you will not see it in the Trip Pool. You will see a green line on the side of the trip in your Roster (half a green line indicates a sipped portion is advertised)
Reports on Demand
Printable version of trip – Hamburger Menu, Reports, Reports on Demand, Trip Info
Printable version of line* – Hamburger Menu, Reports, Reports on Demand, Published Roster
* You may use this option to view previous months as well, just change the date
Attendance points – Hamburger Menu, Reports, Reports on Demand, Attendance Points
Open Time Notifications
- To set up text notifications for your phone, go to FA Website, Scheduling & Bidding, Other Schedule Options, Open Trip Notifications. Click the first link and make sure “Crew Access Notifications” is selected
- In Crew Access, go to Hamburger Menu, Settings, Allow SMS Notifications
- Watch this video for help on setting up Filter Subscriptions
AFA is working hard behind the scenes to answer any questions and hold management accountable. The Master Executive Council is still working on a separate communication to address all the frustrations with JCA, but we wanted to get you this valuable information as soon as possible. We hope many positive changes will be made in the coming days and weeks so that JCA will be more user friendly. Thank you for your continued patience during this change!
Please send any questions, concerns, and ideas to your local Scheduling Committee members.
Your MEC – Jeffrey Peterson, Brian Palmer, Linda Christou, Lisa Pinkston, Laura Masserant, Cathy Gwynn, Tim Green, Brice McGee; and MEC Scheduling Chairperson Jake Jones