The Seniority Merger Integration Committee (SMIC) met in Washington, DC at the AFA International Headquarters from January 8-11, 2018. The purpose of the meeting was to make progress on merging the Flight Attendant seniority lists per the AFA Constitution and Bylaws (C&B).
The SMIC made significant progress this week. The committee was able to accomplish the following:
- Reviewed, researched and responded to Seniority Verification Letter (SVL) challenges. If you submitted a challenge, you will be receiving a response via U.S. mail.
- Prepared to certify both the AS and VX seniority lists for flight attendants.
- Answered frequently asked questions (FAQ), which we highly encourage you to review.
The committee will continue to meet over the coming weeks to complete the following:
- Continue to obtain Initial Training dates, which are needed to make the training adjustment for AS flight attendants.
- Merge the AS and VX flight attendant seniority lists. This process is running parallel to the Joint Negotiating Committee (JNC) work and will not be finalized and published until after a single collective bargaining agreement has been ratified. This process follows the AFA C&B.
- Continue to update the FAQ on the AFA website.
If you have any additional questions, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your patience in this process. We want to ensure the process is accurate and in compliance with the AFA-CWA Constitution and Bylaws. We will keep you posted on our work and any key developments as they unfold.
Your SMIC – Sandra Morrow, Rolando Teran, Lynne Voigtsberger and Marie Maxwell