Council #19 LEC Meeting
November 01, 2017, 1-4 pm
1:02pm Call Meeting to Order
Meeting called to order by Terry Taylor (LEC President)
Report from Terry Taylor
• Gave grievance report
• OS Ticketing System working well, if you have an issue file a ticket.
• AFA Office has moved to 11th Floor of Seatac Towers South
Report from Jake Jones – Vice President
• Working on clearing OS tickets
• Scheduling Review Board has been established to remove scheduling issues from ADR.
• TSN Count Starting in December will now be 12
Report from Adam Clarey – Secretary
• Currently under budget for the year
• Membership is up to date, and our base is continuing to grow. Dues Delinquency is down.
• Increase in subscribers to AFA newsletter since Seniority Integration List was mailed.
1:15pm Merger, Integration and Negotiations
• MEC President Jeff Peterson joined us for discussion related to our integration process with VX, Joint Collective Bargaining Negotiations, and Opentime Negotiations. Completed latest Merger Negotiations last week, have another one coming up in November. At this time will not be publishing survey results, but there were no surprises about the Alaska Flight Attendant priorities.
• Will we vote on a Joint Agreement? Yes, once an agreement is reached and the MEC approves it being sent to membership all AS and VX Flight Attendants will vote on the tentative agreement.
• Do we vote on the Seniority List? No separate process outside of negotiations done by the Seniority Merger Integration Committee.
• We can’t integrate our workgroup until management has the joint seniority list, and they won’t receive it until after we have a joint agreement.
• Could a Virgin and Alaska Flight Attendant be working on the same plane under different pay scales prior to a joint agreement? No
2:45pm – Scheduling and Crew Access Updates
Jake Jones, Council 19 Vice President and MEC Scheduling Chair discussed Crew Access problems, issues, and scheduling concerns. Currently 400 issues on the Flight Attendant side in Crew Access. Management has contracted 400 hours each month from Jeppesen to fix issues, 400 hours are shared by all departments to fix issues. Each month we select 5 issues between the Flight Attendants and Pilots for Jeppesen to fix. 2 issues are specifically Flight Attendant issues and 1 issue is a common issue. Many pay problems associated with Crew Access. Please file a ticket,. Activity Claims have increased from approximately 400 each month to over 1500. A new payroll system is scheduled to be rolled out by Alaska on April 1st.
3:55pm Committee Reports
Inflight Service Committee Chair (ISC)- Ross DeJong gave a brief overview of the service testings happening currently.
Reports given electronically and will be posted
4:00pm Late Agenda Items
Welcome Dani Burk Peterson to Benefits Committee specializing in Maternity starting today 11/1/17
4:07pm Call for Adjournment of Meeting