EAP Committee Openings for Council 35 SFO
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a support service provided by Flight Attendants for Flight Attendants, their families, and partners. EAP peer representatives are trained to provide three distinct, but interrelated, service that includes assessment, support, and referral services, professional standards, and critical incident response.
Committee representatives offer emotional support and assistance to Flight Attendants, their partners, and families, whether the issues are of a professional or personal nature. Peer counselors provide assessment support and referral services for a wide range of issues such as domestic abuse, depression, and work-related stress.
The selection of candidates for this position in SFO is the responsibility of the Local Council Officers and the Master Executive Council (MEC) EAP Chairperson. To expedite the process, the selection of volunteers will begin prior to the election and final candidates will be approved by the LEC Officers shortly after the election is complete. Council 35 will need approximately 8 committee members for SFO.
Guidelines for becoming an EAP committee member:
2) Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
3) Agree to submit necessary EAP documentation within timelines
4) Flexibility to respond to routine and emergency EAP situations at various hours
5) Be in good standing with the company
6) Be an AFA member in good standing (dues up-to-date)
7) Willingness to actively participate in all EAP activities for at least one (1) year
Training for new EAP volunteers will be held Aug 14-15 in SFO.
For more information about EAP: