Happy New Year to all! If you are a January 2017 Recurrent Training (RT) student, the new year may not feel quite so happy as it could be due to problems with downloading the now-infamous courses #2 and #5 on the CourseMill App. AFA has made numerous attempts to get clear direction from Inflight management regarding how to fix the app; unfortunately, they have failed to respond to many of our inquiries or else have given unsatisfactory responses the few times when they have actually gotten back to us. We know it has been the holidays and all, but seriously?!
This is the fix management currently has posted in alerts on the Inflight Webpage under “Training”:
“If you are having trouble downloading your 2017 Recurrent Training mobile courses 002 or 005, please try the following:
- Ensure you have good Wi-Fi connectivity
- Delete the CourseMill app (Hold down icon and tap the “x”)
- Reinstall the CourseMill app from the Apple App Store
- Enter your activation code when you re-launch the app (the IT Help Desk or a member of inflight management can look up your activation code)
- When it prompts you to download all of your courses again, select “No”. Then, click on course 002 and download it individually. Do the same with course 005
- When downloading the courses, make sure the screen doesn’t turn off, by periodically touching it to keep it “awake”
- Courses 002/005 may still crash, however if you try deleting and reinstalling the app again, you should be able to get through both courses
- If you want to view previous courses you’ve already completed, you can then choose to download those courses as well; you won’t lose any saved information of previous courses you’ve already completed
Thank you for your patience as we work on this issue.
AFA does not endorse the proposed fix, but we have some anecdotal reports that it has worked for some Flight Attendants. All the excessive time spent uninstalling, reinstalling and downloading is unacceptable. AFA presently has an open grievance regarding this issue, which we are attempting to arbitrate in February.
We have been informed that any Flight Attendant who shows up to Recurrent Training without his or her 2017 RT electronic homestudy completed will be asked to leave class without pay. AFA will continue to advocate for Flight Attendants who are unable to complete training due to a CourseMill app failure.
In the meantime, please email and/or call inflight Training management or the Mobile Help Desk to get your CourseMill app working.
Lisa.McCarroll@alaskaair.com or 206-392-6251
Jennifer.Sovey@alaskaair.com or 206-392-6491
Amanda.Westendorf@alaskaair.com or 253-569-6977
Mobile Help Desk: 1-877-238-1077, option 4 or email@example.com.
Your MEC – Jeffrey Peterson, Brian Palmer, Linda Christou, Lisa Pinkston, Laura Masserant, Cathy Gwynn, Tim Green, Brice McGee; and MEC Grievance Committee Chairperson Stephanie Adams