This message is for pre-merger Virgin America Flight Attendants
The MEC Scheduling Committee Vice Chairperson – Legacy Virgin America is responsible for coordinating the activities of the committee specific to all Legacy Virgin America Flight Attendants. The Chairperson works closely with each Local Committee Chairperson to gather feedback and input and represents the positions of the Committee and MEC in interactions with management.
This is a temporary position that will remain in place through full implementation of the JCBA.
- Current Legacy Virgin America Flight Attendant
- Robust working knowledge of scheduling provisions of the Legacy Virgin America work rules and Flight Attendant collective bargaining agreement.
- Knowledge of CFRs and other regulations pertaining to flight time, duty time, and crew rest guidelines.
- Ability to maintain office hours in Seattle during the business week and attend meetings as required.
- Strong computer skills. Excellent working knowledge of FLICA, PBS, Google email, and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of osTicket helpful.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write membership communications, respond professionally to internal and external e-mail, prepare reports, and plan meeting agendas and take minutes.
- Ability to meet deadlines, take ownership of issues, delegate responsibilities, and follow up on assigned tasks.
- Provide assistance in handling L-VX scheduling-related concerns and issues. Assist in resolution of issues as needed.
- Attend meetings with management and represent the AFA position on scheduling-related matters.
- Participate in the Scheduling Review Board process.
- Participate in PBS bid awards and the Pairing Construction process.
- Assist in planning of and participate in monthly meetings of the committee and other meetings and conference calls as needed.
- Coordinate with the MEC Reserve Committee Chairperson to discuss issues that affect both reserve and line-holding L-VX Flight Attendants.
- Correspond with the Local Scheduling Committee Chairpersons and the MEC Scheduling Committee Chairperson regularly to provide status updates. Prepare and send a monthly report to the MEC Scheduling Committee Chairperson.
Time Commitment and Flight Pay Loss Reimbursement
- This position is budgeted for 66.4 block hours (equivalent of 75 TFP) of Flight Pay Loss (FPL) per month, paid with a 5% override at “A” pay.
- Time commitment is approximately two days per week in Seattle with additional work completed remotely or in the office as necessary.
- Hotel accommodation expense (one night per week) will be provided for this position.
- This position does not bid a line but may pick up flying as responsibilities permit.
Term of Appointment
This is a temporary position that will begin work on June 18, 2018 and will remain in position until at least 90 days after full JCBA implementation (currently scheduled for January 31, 2019).
With The Scheduling Committee
Constant interaction with the Local Scheduling Committee Chairpersons. Frequent interaction with Local Scheduling Committee Members.
With The Master Executive Council
This position reports to the Master Executive Council through the MEC Scheduling Committee Chairperson. The MEC executive sponsor for the committee is the MEC President.
With Alaska Airlines Management
Constant interaction with inflight management, particularly the Director of Inflight Crew Scheduling (Denia Pisia), Crew Scheduling Duty Managers, and Manager of Crew Planning (Cecilia Mui).
Expressing Interest and Interview Scheduling
- Initial interviews will be conducted on Wednesday, June 6, 2018.
- Interviews will be at the AFA Alaska MEC office in Seattle. Positive space travel to and from the interview will be available.
- Submit a declaration of interest and resume to MEC Secretary-Treasurer Linda Christou at email@example.com no later than 5 PM Pacific Time on Tuesday, May 29, 2018. Linda will be able to provide additional information regarding transportation and booking of flights if necessary.
Your MEC – Jeffrey Peterson, Brian Palmer, Linda Christou, Lisa Pinkston, Terry Taylor, Mario de’Medici, Melissa Osborne, Tim Green and Brice McGee