One of the most important aspects of any merger of airlines is the integration of the seniority list. The AFA Constitution and Bylaws provides for the Master Executive Council (MEC) to appoint two merger representatives. Merger representatives have complete and full authority to act on behalf of the Flight Attendants of their respective airline for the purpose of compiling necessary employment data and a single flight attendant seniority list. More information about duties and responsibilities of merger representatives are spelled out in Section X.C of the AFA Constitution and Bylaws.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine seniority numbers for each flight attendant by reviewing and determining date of bidding for seniority, initial training date, number of days of initial training, and if seniority was accrued for training (and if so, how many days were accrued)
- Evaluate all protests to determined seniority, determine validity, and adjudge accordingly.
- Compile and certify a combined system seniority list
- Must be a current Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant and AFA member in good standing (dues current)
- Ability to analyze written data and information with high attention to detail
- Ability to commit time necessary to complete assigned responsibilities, including flexibility to meet on short notice. Some travel will be required.
- Interested candidates should submit an expression of interest and resume to MEC Secretary-Treasurer Yvette Satterlee at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Friday, April 8 at 5 PM PDT.
- A member of the MEC will contact finalist candidates to schedule a telephone interview. Telephone interviews will be conducting during next week’s MEC meeting on April 12th or 13th.
- Merger representatives will be selected by the MEC by the conclusion of the MEC meeting
Any questions regarding merger representative positions or the application process should be directed to MEC President Jeffrey Peterson at email@example.com.
Your MEC – Jeffrey Peterson, Brian Palmer, Yvette Satterlee, Lisa Pinkston, Laura Masserant, Cathy Gwynn, Sandra Morrow, Stephen Couckuyt; and LEC Presidents-elect Tim Green and Brice McGee