- The AFA Scheduling Chairperson will be advised of important day-to-day scheduling issues including but not limited to Open Time, Reserve Assignment, Reserve Repositioning, JA and other related concerns.
- The AFA Scheduling Chairperson will participate in the Scheduling Review Committee, Sequence Analysis, PBS and other scheduling related groups/committees. S/he will compromise one (1) of the three (3) PBS committee members.
- The AFA Scheduling Chairperson will have the same access as the ALPA Scheduling Chairperson to the Crew Management System (CMS) and other equivalent systems/programs to include crew tracking, pairing optimization (will not perform transactions affecting production without management’s consent), PBS, Virtual Private Network (VPN), etc..
- S/he will have a dedicated desk with Crew Scheduling and/or Crew Scheduling management in the Scheduling Department and twenty-four (24) hours access to Flight Attendant Crew Scheduling and a Company laptop.
- Crew Planning must consult with the Scheduling Chair on a monthly basis and during pairing construction for specific sequence selection.
- The Scheduling Chair will be selected by the MEC after an interview process. The Scheduling Chair serves at the pleasure of the MEC.
The AFA Scheduling Chair will be an advocate for our Flight Attendants and s/he will be able to assist with questions, concerns and processing of information when issues arise.