Master Executive Council (MEC)
- Management will begin issuing new iPhone 13 IMDs next week to Flight Attendants who currently have an iPhone 7 or 8 Plus IMD.
- Flight Attendants will be paid 0.5 TFP for picking up the new device and performing the necessary setup tasks.
- If you’re not scheduled to work during the distribution period in your base, other pickup options, including direct shipping to the address of your choice at no cost to you, will be available.
Management recently notified AFA that they plan to begin distributing new iPhone 13 Inflight Mobile Devices (IMDs) to Flight Attendants who are currently issued iPhone 7 or 8 Plus devices. Distribution will take place in one base at a time over approximately six weeks. The specific schedule will be communicated by management separately. Flight Attendants who were hired in 2022 or have already been issued an iPhone 13 IMD will continue using their current device.
iPhone 13 IMD Distribution Letter of Agreement (LOA)
In anticipation of the distribution of new iPhone 13 IMDs, AFA and management have entered into a letter of agreement (LOA), further clarifying the process. AFA LOA 2023-01-09 (Distribution of iPhone 13 Inflight Mobile Devices to Flight Attendants Currently Issued an iPhone 7 or 8 Plus) provides benefits and protections to Flight Attendants, including:
- Pay of 0.5 TFP for picking up the device and performing the necessary setup tasks (automatically paid on the April 20th paycheck).
- Flexible pick-up options if not scheduled to work during the designated distribution period, including the option to have the device shipped to the address of your choice at no cost.
- Specific limitations regarding what tasks Flight Attendants will be required to perform to set the device up.
- A defined process (with the potential for additional compensation) to handle instances where Flight Attendants have to perform work over and above the limited setup tasks or standard maintenance requirements to make the IMD ready-to-use.
For complete details, please click here to view the complete LOA. You can also find the LOA on your IMD in GoodReader in the ASFA Supplemental > Collective Bargaining Agreement folder.
LAX Co-Terminal Support
Through the continued advocacy of the AFA Council 18 LEC Officers, management has also agreed to provide on-site IT support to distribute IMDs at each of the LAX co-terminals. On-site support at the LAX co-terminals will take place in March, and specific dates will be published by management in advance. LAX-based Flight Attendants who primarily fly out of co-terminals can also pick up their IMD at LAX or any other domicile during the scheduled distribution period or make alternate arrangements as outlined in the LOA.
If you have questions about the iPhone 13 IMD Distribution LOA, please contact your LEC Officers.