How Are My Dues Deducted?
- Dues are deducted once per month on the 20th of the month.
- Alaska Airlines will not deduct past due amounts from your paycheck.
- All past due amounts must be paid directly to AFA (Payment Options)
- Dues deducted on the 20th of the month represent THAT months dues.
Example: If you receive an invoice that states you owe dues for April, you will need to review your April 20th paycheck to verify if dues were deducted.
Local Membership Committees
Your Local Membership Committee are AFA representatives within each Local Council who are available to assist you with questions about your membership status and dues payments. They work with the AFA Membership Services department to ensure that all Flight Attendants maintain their status as active members in good standing.
Contact your Local Membership Committee if you have:
- Questions about membership standings (am I in “good standing”?)
- Received a bill or statement from AFA International in the mail and need clarification
Contact information for each Local Membership Committee is below for your convenience.
AFA Membership ServicesVisit the AFA International Membership Services website Pay dues online
The AFA Membership Services department is located at the AFA International Office in Washington, DC. Most questions pertaining to membership and dues can be answered on the membership services website. The department is also available to assist you with:
- Online dues payments
- Dues payment options (payment plans)
- Changes of address (see below)
In addition, all AFA elections and ballot are handled by the Membership Services department.
Changes of Address/Email/Phone NumbersAccess the AFA International change of address form Access the AFA Alaska email update form
Changing your address in PeopleSoft or with the company does not automatically change your address with AFA. To ensure that your contact information with AFA is kept up-to-date, please submit a change of address to AFA International when you make a change in PeopleSoft.
If you have a change to your email address, you’ll also need to submit a separate email update to AFA Alaska, as the AFA International and AFA Alaska databases are separate systems that are not linked. Please make sure to complete both the AFA International change of address and AFA Alaska email update forms above.