Air Quality Subcommittee
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Handles any air quality or contamination issues as they arise
- Works with the company to investigate and addresses the source of air quality or contamination when it occurs
- Assists Flight Attendants in obtaining proper care, treatment, and testing when involved in an air quality or contamination incident
- Follows up with the Flight Attendant(s) involved to ensure they have received proper care, treatment, and testing
- Keeps members informed of air quality incidents and developments through the MEC Communications Committee.
- Develops, distributes, maintains, and updates membership education materials about air quality, contamination, symptoms, and follow up procedures
- Regularly communicates with and provide updates to the MEC ASHSC Chairperson on the activites of the subcommittee
- In conjunction with the International Office, develops and provides initial and ongoing training to a designated Air Quality contact within the ASHSC of each Local Council
Why Would I Contact This Committee?
The Air Quality Subcommittee is available to help you with:
- Support during an aircraft air quality or contamination issue
- Information about cabin air quality including resources and information about previous incidents
Who Do I Contact?
For assistance, contact MEC Air Safety, Health, & Security Committee Vice Chairperson Yvette Satterlee. Contact information is below for your convenience.
In This Edition Black Lives Matter Onboard Fume Events – How To Recognize and Respond AFA EAP Support Services Black Lives Matter By Chip Hestle, MEC Human Rights Committee Chairperson Three words at the center of conversations, not only in the United States of America, but throughout the world. So just what does Black Lives Matter […]
In This Edition Hotel Crew Room Blocks Card Now Online REMINDER: Human Rights Committee Forming TAKE ACTION: Stop Toxic Fumes! Cabin Air Quality Resources Hotel Crew Hotel Room Blocks Card Now Online Hotel Committee Your AFA Hotel Committee has succeeded in their effort to have the Crew Hotel Room Blocks card uploaded to an easily […]
In This Edition Cabin Air Quality Reporting Form Air Quality Fume Event Q&A Let’s Talk It Out–AFA Professional Standards Cabin Air Quality Reporting Form Air Safety, Health, & Security Committee (ASHSC) – Air Quality Subcommittee On June 10, 2019, management issued Emergency Interim Bulletin (EIB) 19-11 regarding Cabin Air Quality. This EIB was subsequently incorporated into the […]
Due to the recent spike in cabin air fume events, your AFA Air Safety, Health, and Security Committee (ASHSC) has been working diligently to assist with all fume events by continuing with our normal procedure of contacting the affected crews, offering support, educating, and providing tools and resources for responding to these events. Resources Available […]
The AFA Air Safety, Health, & Security Committee (ASHSC) has long had a critical role in assisting Flight Attendants who find themselves in a situation where they may have been exposed to contaminated cabin air. This article is designed to provide some important information and resources to help you should you ever find yourself in […]