Council 19 October Update
Dear Seattle Flight Attendants,
Your LEC Officers want to remind you of the following upcoming events:
- Maternity Roundtable October 16th
Where: Labor Room: 230C
Flight Ops Building (where we have RT) on the second floor near the lunchroom.
- LEC Meet & Greet October 24th
Where: SEA TAC Conference Center- Seoul Room (Mezzanine Level)
Parking is free on all floors- except #4– in parking garage
- Open Enrollment: October 29th thru November 18th
Now is the time to review your current health care plan and options. Log on to alaskasworld/people soft/click benefits tab/click benefits summary to review your current selections.
- All Flight Attendants are entitled to Short Term Disability benefits at 40%. But, did you know that you could sign up for an additional 20% to receive 60% of your pay when you are off work due to a medical reason? Now is the time to sign up for this important benefit!
- Your LEC Benefits Chair, Kathy O’Malley, will be hosting base sits throughout the open enrollment period. Stay tuned for more information on the dates!
- Do you owe AFA dues? Now is the time to verify your balance and update your addresswith AFA International. The address you share with the company is not necessarily the same address AFA has for you!
- Click on the follow link for more information: http://www.afacwa.org/membership
- Also, you can contact LEC Secretary-Treasurer, Linda Christou (email@example.com) for more information.
AFA Blast Emails
- Many of you are reaching to receive our AFA blast emails and we want to remind you of a few helpful hints to ensure that you are up to speed on the latest information!
- The blast email system is run on the SALSA platform. This platform has a few quirks that are problematic for AOL and Comcast accounts. If you have an AOL or Comcast account and you have reached out to us for help, please know that we do our best to reset your account. You can help by adding firstname.lastname@example.org your email’s contact list to ensure that our emails are not sent to your SPAM folder.
- You can find the latest blast emails posted on the AFA website: afaalaska.organd on the AFA Alaska FaceBook page.
Next week the MEC and the Negotiating committee are meeting to review the “Agreement in Concept.” We know you are all anxious to hear details and we are anxious to share the details with you. But, the MEC wants to ensure that we have a document that we believe will be supported by the group. Be patient with us are we go through this process and allow us to take our time to fully understand the changes.
Stay informed! Find the latest information on the AFA website: afaalaska.org
Laura, Jake, Linda, Stephanie, and Adam