A: No. That’s what happens today: the reality is that normally only those on duty get JA’d. With today’s technology (cell phones, caller ID, etc) FAs rarely answer the phone at home/off duty if they suspect that Crew Scheduling is calling to JA.
Remember: Under the TA provisions, after the 15 minute debrief in Domicile, you cannot be JA’d, even if you are still in the terminal. You are off duty.
The NC accepted that reality and instead focused on improving the provisions governing a FA JA’d.
- JA Premium increased to 2.5x from today’s 1.5x.
- If JA’d, a FA can immediately post the trip for pick-up and the premium follows the trade.
- A FA can Jet Bridge Trade a JA trip.
- If a FA is assigned a JA trip out of order s/he is paid 3.0x trip value. The FA who was “skipped” is paid 2.5x the trip value.
- FAs are not contactable for JA while on vacation, including the last day.
- If you trade flying off your line and do not replace it, you are immune from JA for those days.
- A FA cannot be JA’s while on a JA assignment.
- A FA cannot be JA’d while non-revving.