Upcoming LEC Officer Elections!
ALA Council 19 SEA
Dear Seattle Flight Attendants,
In addition to voting instructions for the Tentative Agreement (TA), Seattle members are being mailed nomination ballots and information for the upcoming LEC Officer Elections. If you are interested in running for one of the 5 LEC Officer positions (LEC President, LEC Vice President, LEC Secretary-Treasurer, and 2 Council Representatives) and have questions you can contact any of your current Officers or Bob Kenia at AFA International:
In accordance with the Article VIII of the Constitution & Bylaws, all Councils in Category II must nominate and elect officers for the term beginning July 1, 2014 and ending June 30, 2017. Local Council Officers to be elected will be LEC President, LEC Vice President, LEC Secretary, and 2 Council Representatives.
As a union member, you have the right to nominate candidates for office, to run for office and to cast a secret ballot.
Nominations and elections are governed by procedures outlined in the Association’s Constitution & Bylaws, Article VIII and the AFA Policy Manual.
All nominated candidates who have filed a Commitment to Serve, who received at least two (2) votes and are members in good standing at the time of the count will appear on the election ballot.
· Mail date: 1-07-2014 (Voting Instructions and Activation Code are mailed)
· Polls open: 1-13-2014 (Voting begin online only)
· Polls close: 2-12-2014 (Nomination ballots are tallied).
· Mail date: 3-06-2014 (Voting Instructions and Activation Code mailed)
· Polls open: 3-11-2014 (Voting begins online and by telephone)
· Polls close: 4-11-2014 (Election ballots are tallied)