Inflight Service Committee
- Our AFA Representatives have been successful in getting management to agree to additional onboard service reductions in light of the current spike of COVID-19 cases nationwide.
- Any flight currently scheduled for more than one beverage service will be reduced to only one service regardless of the length of the flight. Additional reductions include changes to the food pre-order system based depending on the length of the flight. Changes take effect today and are scheduled to be in place through January 31, 2022.
- As always, please continue to report any safety-related issues with onboard service using a Flight Attendant Irregularity Report (FAIR) in ReportIt! Please report any catering issues using the catering feedback function in Block2Block. Management needs to hear about the challenges we’re facing!
Our AFA Air Safety, Health, & Security Committee (ASHSC), Inflight Service Committee, and Master Executive Council (MEC) have been continually advocating for changes to onboard service that provide the safest possible environment for Flight Attendants and passengers alike. In light of the current spike in COVID-19 cases, we had additional conversation this week with management about the ongoing issues and concerns that Flight Attendants are experiencing. Based on these conversations, management has agreed to implement additional onboard service reductions on a temporary basis.
The following changes will go into effect immediately and remain in place through January 31, 2022:
- Only one beverage service in the main cabin on all flights that are scheduled to receive a beverage service.
- Picnic packs will no longer be available for pre-order but will still be sold from the retail cart.
- Fresh meals will no longer be available for pre-order/sold on medium haul flights. Maximum number of orders on transcon and Hawaii flights will be reduced from 63 to 42.
Even though the pre-order system will be turned off for any new orders, catering will continue to board items for any passengers who placed an order prior to today. Please see the email from management in your Outlook inbox and today’s bulletin bundle for more information.
Please continue to report any safety hazards related to onboard service in ReportIt! as a Flight Attendant Irregularity Report (FAIR). If you encounter any issues related to onboard products, catering supply levels, or procedural concerns, please report them through the Catering Issues function in Block2Block. Your reports help our Inflight Service Committee and ASHSC to have the strongest voice possible in their conversations with management about onboard service.