- Our AFA Scheduling Committee Chairpersons met on Tuesday, July 26 to discuss their ongoing program of work to represent Flight Attendants interests related to lineholder scheduling.
- The Committee also met with management to receive updates and discuss issues and problems that Flight Attendants are experiencing with scheduling, pairings, and bidding.
- Your Local Scheduling Committee is available to answer questions, provide clarification, or help to resolve any lineholder scheduling-related issues. Please don’t hesitate to reach out!
On Tuesday, July 26, our AFA Scheduling Committee Chairpersons met to discuss their ongoing work to represent our Flight Attendants and push for improvements in our workplace. Representing you at the meeting were Heather Reier (ANC), Rita Tillou (SEA), Melodie Anderes (PDX), Jaqui Bellenie (SFO), Natalie Codd (LAX), and Kitty Cohen (SAN). Also present were MEC Scheduling Committee Chairperson Jake Jones, MEC Scheduling Committee Vice Chairperson—Pairing Construction Karen Ferrell, MEC Scheduling Committee Vice Chairperson—PBS Adam Clarey, and MEC Reserve Committee Chairperson Julie Thornton. The committee met with Managing Director of Inflight Crew Scheduling & Strategy Denia Pisia, Managing Director of Ops Staffing & Resource Management Brittany Audette, and other management representatives from Crew Planning and Crew Scheduling.
Topics of Discussion
The committee reviewed a number of items both during internal AFA-only conversation and when meeting with management. Some items discussed include:
- Sunset of ClassBid on July 26, 2022.
- Staffing Adjust Leaves (SALs).
- Care Retreat. Bidding is open as of July 26, 2022.
- Personal Drops, increased TSN, lower line average – continued flexibility, if available.
- Crew Scheduling phone system.
- Pairing construction, soft locks, 4ks, cost, efficiency, block hours and distribution.
- Hotel/Transportation wait times, following up internally and with API.
- Reserve Percentages (system/domiciles).
- Future Hiring/Base awards/Base transfer/New hires (Crew Planning reviewing 2022/2023).
- Charter awards/bidding.
- ITS/CrewAccess/NavBlue/Rainmaker – performance, change requests (CRs), bugs, statistics.
- CrewAccess system login errors, reporting errors, timeliness and processing times.
What The Committee Is Working On
- Preparation for Contract Negotiations. The Scheduling Committee will compile a list of requests and items needing review to be shared with our Negotiating Committee.
- Reassignment Flow Chart. Scheduling Committee Members reviewed a draft of the reassignment flow chart and it has been moved forward to the final stages of review and approval. Refer to sections 10.R and 10.R.5 of our CBA.
- Scheduling Quality of Life Improvements. Reviewing ways to improve Trip Length Distribution (TLD) and other quality of life options. Working with management to develop a quality of life survey to determine Flight Attendant scheduling priorities.
- Review of user guides and links of Flight Attendant website. Ensuring information is still accurate in existing resource materials, links are still active and working, etc.
- Updating Crew Access videos. Working with management and ITS to update the Crew Access instructional videos to reflect updates and changes to the user interface.
We Want to Hear From You!
Do you have feedback for the committee, concerns you’d like to share, or items that you’d like brought up with management? Please let us know! Your Local Scheduling Committee is your voice to management. You can open a support request on the AFA Alaska Online Support Center or contact us directly using the information on the Scheduling Committee page of the AFA Alaska website.