AFA Special Update – September 30, 2020
In This Edition
- A Message for Our Departing Early Out Flight Attendants
- With Hours to Furlough Cliff, Flight Attendants Demand #ReliefNow
- TAKE ACTION: Keep Calling, Keep Tweeting. Let’s Get It Done.
A Message for Our Departing Early Out Flight Attendants
Master Executive Council
It’s hard to believe it is finally time to say goodbye to our departing Early Out Flight Attendants. The collective efforts of our most senior Early Out Flight Attendants have made it possible for the opportunity to enjoy lifetime careers as Flight Attendants, to be respected as safety professionals and to be recognized as Aviation’s First Responders. Thank you for blazing the trail for all of us—we truly stand on the shoulders of giants!
For many of us, we have never known a time when you were not available to provide your guidance, encouragement and comfort. We will endeavor to continue the fine traditions that you have pioneered. With the greatest of respect, we offer our gratitude for your years of service, wisdom and grace. You will be deeply missed!
With Hours to Furlough Cliff, Flight Attendants Demand #ReliefNow
Government Affairs Committee
COVID relief negotiations continue in Congress
COVID relief negotiations continue in Congress. Alaska Airlines management has confirmed involuntary furloughs are moving forward as the CARES Act Payroll Support Program (PSP) expires at midnight tonight. Some hope remains as talks continue and airlines confirm reversal if Congressional agreement is reached within days. Click here for more information in the latest AFA Interactive >
TAKE ACTION: Keep Calling, Keep Tweeting. Let’s Get It Done.
“Hello, I am a constituent calling to tell my (Senator/Representative) that aviation workers are out of time. Furloughs have begun and we only have days to reverse course. We need a clean extension of the Payroll Support Program NOW. Without an extension of this successful jobs program, there is no backstop for layoffs. This is just the start. Inaction is not an option. #ReliefNow for the whole country. Get it done. Thank you.”
Tweet Your Representative and Senators (add pictures of you in uniform to each!):
We’ve made it easy to Tweet at your lawmakers. Click here to get started. Or, you can copy and paste the following Tweets into your Twitter.
- Massive layoffs have begun for Flight Attendants & aviation workers. We only have a few days to reverse course. Extend the Payroll Support Program NOW, [tag your Senators/Representative]! Pass #ReliefNow to save my job & healthcare! #ExtendPSP
- I’m one of thousands of furloughed Flight Attendants who needs [tag your Senators/Representative] to act to extend the Payroll Support Program TODAY. We need #ReliefNow! #ExtendPSP
- Tell your personal story using the hashtags #ReliefNow and #ExtendPSP