The Master Executive Council (MEC) will be conducting interviews for one (1) member to serve on the AFA System Board of Adjustment.
Members are to serve on the System Board of Adjustment for the purpose of arbitrating any disputes or grievances that may arise under the terms of the Agreement between Alaska Airlines and its Flight Attendants.
- There shall be two members selected by the MEC from active members in good standing to represent the Association. Members will be selected at-large without regard to Local Council or domicile.
- Any person seeking a position as a System Board of Adjustment Member must submit a resume. Candidates must interview with the MEC.
- System Board Members shall be selected for a two (2) year appointment period in accordance with the AFA Constitution and Bylaws. Appointments will be reviewed in January of each even numbered year. Selection shall be made, insofar as possible, to ensure that both members will not be new at the same time.
- The System Board Members will act in the best interest of the membership and the Association and will be consistent with the Agreement between the Flight Attendants and Alaska Airlines.
- The MEC President shall have the ability, in the event of an emergency, to appoint a qualified member in good standing to fill an ad hoc position on the Board, should the alternate not be available.
- The MEC on an ad hoc basis, by majority vote, may appoint an expert as a substitute for one member of the System Board of Adjustment.
- Willingness to attend the requisite grievance training(s)
- In depth knowledge of the contract
- Understanding of the principles of just cause
- Adherence to Grievance Committee policies, procedures, and standards of ethical conduct
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and personal information
- Maintenance of member-in-good-standing status
- Ability to remain in good standing with the company
- Ability to analyze written data and information with high attention to detail
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong computer skills
Expressing Interest and Interviewing Schedule
Interviews will be conducted during the June MEC meeting on Tuesday, June 28 at the AFA Alaska MEC office in Seattle.
To express interest for the position, please submit a declaration of interest and resume to MEC Secretary-Treasurer Yvette Satterlee at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 PM Pacific Time on Monday, June 20, 2016. Yvette will be able to provide additional information regarding transportation and booking of flights if necessary.
Your MEC – Jeffrey Peterson, Brian Palmer, Yvette Satterlee, Lisa Pinkston, Laura Masserant, Cathy Gwynn, Sandra Morrow, Stephen Couckuyt; LEC Presidents-Elect Timothy Green and Brice McGee; MEC Grievance Chairperson Jennifer Wise-MacColl and MEC Grievance Representative Stephanie Adams