Master Executive Council (MEC)
Our Master Executive Council (MEC) will be conducting interviews for one (1) member to serve on the AFA System Board of Adjustment.
Members are to serve on the System Board of Adjustment for the purpose of arbitrating any disputes or grievances that may arise under the terms of the Agreement between Alaska Airlines and its Flight Attendants.
- There shall be two members selected by the MEC from active members in good standing to represent the Association. Members will be selected at-large without regard to Local Council or domicile.
- Any person seeking a position as a System Board of Adjustment Member must submit a resume. Candidates must interview with the MEC.
- System Board Members shall be selected for a two (2) year appointment period in accordance with the AFA Constitution and Bylaws. At least one appointment will be reviewed in June of each year. Selection shall be made, insofar as possible, to ensure that both members will not be new at the same time.
- The System Board Members will act in the best interest of the membership and the Association and will be consistent with the Agreement between the Flight Attendants and Alaska Airlines.
- The MEC President shall have the ability, in the event of an emergency, to appoint a qualified member in good standing to fill an ad hoc position on the Board, should the alternate not be available.
- The MEC on an ad hoc basis, by majority vote, may appoint an expert as a substitute for one member of the System Board of Adjustment.
- Current Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant
- Willingness to attend the requisite grievance training(s)
- In depth knowledge of the contract
- Understanding of the principles of just cause
- Adherence to Grievance Committee policies, procedures, and standards of ethical conduct
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and personal information
- Maintenance of member-in-good-standing status
- Ability to remain in good standing with the company
- Ability to analyze written data and information with high attention to detail
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong computer skills.
Term of Appointment
The selected candidate will serve the a term of appointment that begins on July 1, 2022 and concludes on June 30, 2024.
Expressing Interest and Interview Scheduling
The MEC will hold interviews of eligible candidates during the June Regular MEC Meeting on June 14 and 15, 2022. If you’re interested in interviewing, plan to bid around this date or adjust your schedule accordingly to accommodate. All interviews will be conducted using Google Meet videoconferencing.
Interested candidates should submit an expression of interest and resume using the online expression of interest form. The deadline for submissions is 5 PM Pacific time on Friday, June 3, 2022. After the submission deadline, an MEC representative will contact eligible candidates to arrange a specific interview time.
Please note that to submit an expression of interest, you must have a Google account. If you do not have a Google account, you can create one for free at https://accounts.google.com/signup.
Any questions regarding the position or application process should be directed to MEC Grievance Committee Chairperson Stephanie Adams at email@example.com.