The Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) Event Review Committee (ERC) Alternate Representative is responsible for serving as the AFA representative on the ASAP ERC. As the alternate representative, this position participates in ERC meetings in the absence of the ASAP ERC Primary Representative.
- Robust working knowledge of the Flight Attendant Manual, applicable Flight Attendant CFRs, and ASAP letters of agreement (LOAs) and memorandums of understanding (MOUs).
- Ability to attend ERC meetings in Seattle as necessary.
- Strong computer skills. Working knowledge of Google email and Microsoft Office preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write communications, respond professionally to internal and external e-mail, track issues, and prepare reports.
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow up on assigned tasks.
- Previous Air Safety, Health, & Security Committee (ASHSC) experience strongly preferred.
- Serve as the AFA representative on the ASAP ERC in the absence of the ASAP ERC Primary Representative.
- Attend ERC meetings as scheduled. Perform pre-meeting work in ETQ/Report It!. Review events and add comments/suggestions to be discussed at ERC meeting.
- Assist Flight Attendants as needed with questions related to ASAP procedures, reporting requirements, and other program information.
- Make recommendations for safety improvements to the ASHSC.
- Assist the MEC ASHSC Vice Chairperson—Aviation Safety Action Program to develop, maintain, and update membership education materials about ASAP.
- Regularly communicate with and receive briefings from the designated AFA ERC Primary Representative on the activities of the ERC.
- Regularly communicate with and provide updates to the MEC ASHSC Vice Chairperson—Aviation Safety Action Program on all activities, meetings, and work being performed.
- Attend ASAP and other ASHSC-related meetings and training, as requested.
- Assist the MEC ASHSC Vice Chairperson—Aviation Safety Action Program as needed.
Time Commitment and Flight Pay Loss Reimbursement
- This position will receive company business (CB) Flight Pay Loss (FPL) for meetings attended per section 27.P of the Flight Attendant collective bargaining agreement. This includes “A” pay, 5% override, and travel pay to/from domicile to meeting location.
- Time commitment is variable as this position will only be active when the ASAP ERC Primary Representative is not available.
- The ASAP ERC Alternate Representative will have pre-arranged, pre-planned absences (at 6.0 TFP credit per day) loaded into her/his schedule as needed to attend scheduled meetings.
With The Air Safety, Health, & Security Committee (ASHSC)
Frequent interaction with the MEC ASHSC Chairperson and Local ASHSC Chairpersons. Occasional interaction with Local ASHSC Members.
With The Master Executive Council
This position reports to the Master Executive Council through the MEC ASHSC Chairperson. The MEC executive sponsor for the committee is the MEC Vice President.
With Alaska Airlines Management
Constant interaction with management, particularly the Manager of Inflight Safety Reporting & Records (Claudia Modl), ASAP Manager (Chris Benson), and ASAP Specialist (Brandon Rudolph). Occasional interaction with the Director of Inflight Safety & Compliance (Anne Shaw) and Manager of Inflight Safety & Compliance (Monica Grant).
With Government Agencies
Constant interaction with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) representatives in conjunction with ERC meetings.
Expressing Interest and Interview Scheduling
- Submit a declaration of interest and resume to MEC Secretary-Treasurer Linda Christou at email@example.com no later than 5 PM Pacific Time on Friday, March 29, 2019.
- Linda will contact qualified candidates to schedule an interview and provide additional information regarding transportation and booking of flights if necessary.
- In-person interviews will take place at the AFA Office in Seattle on Tuesday, April 16, 2019.
Please direct any questions about the position to MEC ASHSC Vice Chairperson—ASAP Brad Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your MEC – Jeffrey Peterson, Brian Palmer, Linda Christou, Lisa Pinkston, Terry Taylor, Mario de’Medici, Melissa Osborne, Tim Green, Brice McGee; MEC ASHSC Chairperson Seth Heiple and MEC ASHSC Vice Chairperson—ASAP Brad Young