Dear Alaska Flight Attendants,
Welcome to Fall!
Next week our AFA Negotiation Committee will be in our Nation’s Capital for the next Mediation session. The team is working hard to wrap up the final sections of the TA and while they are in these mediation sessions they feel your support and are energized by the comments that come in!
If you have a comment for the team we encourage you to fill out a VOICE comment card, share your thoughts with a VOICE Committee member, or contact your Local President. The LEC Presidents would like to ask that you write comments in a respectful manner. We understand that you are passionate and have valid comments to share! If you feel like you need to vent about the process please contact your Local President. The negotiation committee is working under the direction of the LEC Ps and we can address your concerns and help you understand the thoughts behind the issue.
Also, once the TA is complete the LEC Presidents will review the TA and vote to accept or deny the TA, so it is important that we understand concerns prior to this vote. If accepted, the TA is presented to the Flight Attendants and the Negotiation Committee sets a schedule for road shows around the system. The Negotiation Committee, your Local Officers, and members of the MEC attend road shows in each base to review the TA and answer any questions that members have. After the road shows are complete a date for voting on the TA is set.
Remember, you can easily access your Local President by using the online contact form on the website: http://alaskamec.org/contact-us/
With the onset of fall the MEC would like to remind you of a few important events!
1. Have you checked your TFP calculator? Do you know how to understand your TFP calculations? In order to retain insurance benefits in 2014 a total of 480 tfp must be completed by the end of the year. If you have questions please do not hesitate to contact your payroll analyst:
Brenna Bell (FA last name A-E) 206-392-6135
Lois Overman (FA last name F-K) 206-392-6132
Debbie Bakke (FA last name L-Ri) 206-392-6139
Tuyet Le (FA last name Ro-Z) 206-391-6133
2. VACATION BIDDING begins September 9th! Don’t forget to bid! If you have questions on bidding for vacation contact any of your Local Officers or your benefits analyst.
3. Open Enrollment- coming in October/November. This is the time to make changes to your health care plan, review your 401(k) elections, add additional Short Term Disability coverage, and much more! You can get a head start on the process by reviewing the options available to you on Alaskasworld- www.alaskasworld.com/benefits
For a list of your current elections log on to Peoplesoft and click:
4. Year End Point Reduction! Starting November 1, 2013 if you have 4.0 points or less and you DO NOT accrue more than 1.0, on December 31, 2013 you can reduce your point total to ZERO. For more information on your points, point reductions, and general attendance questions check out Section 32, Attendance, of the contract!
5. Are you on a Leave of Absence? If so, please make sure that you are making your dues payment and staying current! You cannot vote on a TA if you are behind on your dues payments. You can make payments on line at www.afanet.org
Your MEC – Jeffrey Peterson, Terry Taylor, Yvette Gesch, Melanie Buker, Laura Masserant, Cathy Gwynn and Sandra Morrow