You want to hear from us
What a week! The Master Executive Council (MEC) knows you want to hear from us about a number of hot topics:
- Contract implementation, including a contract publication update;
- “Shoegate” (i.e. recent “clarifications” to the uniform and appearance standards);
- Ongoing developments in the dispute over the Quarterly Productivity Premium (QPP);
- All Minimum Pay Rules (MPRs) displayed in eMaestro for 11 hours on March 31st;
- Management’s recently announced notice of intent to change the alcohol policy “cutoff” from 10 hours prior to duty all the way back to the previous calendar day; and
- Easter weekend 2015 staffing.
MEC conference call scheduled for tomorrow
The MEC has scheduled a conference call for midday tomorrow (Friday, April 3rd) to discuss all these issues and we will communicate as soon as possible thereafter. Due to the amount of information cited here, we will likely break up our communications on these topics into digestible installments.
About that alcohol policy…
All these topics are important but the MEC would like to call out the alcohol policy in particular. We are just as incredulous as you are about this gross overreaction by management. As safety professionals and first responders, obviously AFA supports a culture of safety but in our opinion this is patently absurd. You can expect that we will expand upon this sentiment in short order!
Stand by for more soon…
Your MEC—Jeffrey Peterson, Brian Palmer, Yvette Gesch, Becky Strachan, Laura Masserant, Cathy Gwynn, Sandra Morrow and Stephen Couckuyt