December 31 (tomorrow!): Q4 CBT & Convert Guest Passes
With many Flight Attendants on leave, Council 35 has received many requests for dues owed. To inquire about your dues account, please visit the new dues page on AFA-CWA for more information.
Latest info on PSP
Progress on PSP and Flight Attendant benefits can be found on the AFA-CWA website. To get the most updated information please visit the Latest News page.
Keep Guest Passes for Next Year
Remember to convert unused companion travel passes before the end of day December 31. Once converted the passes live in your FLY account. The passes may be ticketed for 3 months after the conversion date. To find your account:
Alaskasworld > FLY > Guest Passes > Manage Guest Passes
Year-end record improvement will be applied by mid-January. Flight Attendants with 4 or fewer attendance points at the end of 2020 and who did not accrue any points in November and December, will have points removed. Please allow two to three weeks for the performance supervisors to manually apply the Nov/Dec record improvement to attendance records. Reference: JCBA§32.G.4
December is an Individual PPP month. To qualify, FAs must meet or exceed awarded TFP for the month of December by a minimum of five (5.0) TFP. The $350 payout will be issued Jan 20th separately from normal pay. Reference: JCBA§21.R
SFO Base Leadership Update
Congratulations to Cierra Lewis who has been promoted to base manager of SFO.
“In These Times,” the leading progressive magazine that covers workers rights, access to healthcare, climate change, systemic racism, and more is offering Union members a free subscription. To take advantage of this free subscription, CLICK HERE to sign up. The offer is only valid until December 31, 2020.
How do I contact Council 35 Officers?
Using a personal email address, the preferred methods of contact are:
- Open an Online Support Request ticket
- Officer group email email@example.com (if one officer is flying /unavailable other officers can respond)
- Individual officer emails (if information is for a specific officer)
- Calls/text (if situation requires more urgent attention)
When contacting Council 35 officers please avoid the following methods:
- Sending to/from alaskaair email (subject to company audits and therefore not private)
- Officer personal Facebook/social media accounts (not actively monitored for AFA concerns)
- Excessively lengthy texts (please use email for important information as it’s easier to respond and forward to appropriate resource-texts should be reserved for alerts to an issue that requires a timely response)
Please allow at least one business day for a response to any method of contact (email, phone, text).
Happy New Year!
Melissa, Aladrian, James and Brad
Melissa Osborne, LEC President • Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org • 415-275-1322
Aladrian Hillmon, LEC Vice President • Aladrian.email@example.com • 415-991-3791
James Ikehara, LEC Secretary • James.firstname.lastname@example.org • 415-289-9011
Bradley Young, Council Representative • Bradley.email@example.com • 916-508-3503