AFA Special Update – October 2, 2020
In This Edition
- November 2020 Staffing and Scheduling
- #ExtendPSP #ReliefNow
November 2020 Staffing and Scheduling
Master Executive Council
Very time-sensitive information to report here! At AFA’s request, management has sent an email (“Base Transfers – November”) to Company email addresses, sent another email to involuntarily furloughed (IVF’d) Flight Attendants’ respective personal email addresses on file with the Company, and posted an alert and Informational Bulletin 2020-0096 on the World of Inflight (AAG SSO login required).
Involuntary Furlough Update
See the emailed version of this special update sent to personal email addresses on file with AFA Alaska for the latest developments regarding involuntary furloughs.
Vacancy Bids (Base Transfers)
Inflight is anticipating that vacancy bids (i.e. base transfers) will be awarded in all six domiciles for November. The base transfer bidding window will be extremely shortened, with bids closing on Monday morning. Base transfer forms can be located on the World of Inflight -> Schedule & Bidding -> Line Bidding -> Base Transfer Request Form (AAG SSO login required). Vacancy bids (base transfer requests) must be submitted by Monday, October 5th at 0900 PT.
Revised Bidding Timeline
The PBS bidding timeline for November is being pushed by one day to October 6-11. However, this will not affect the posting or trading timelines. Details as follows:
- Oct. 5 – Vacancy bids (base transfer requests) close 0900 PT
- Oct. 6 – PBS bids open 0900 PT
- Oct. 11 – PBS bids close 0900 PT
- Oct. 13 – PBS awards complete by 0900 PT
- Oct. 14 – PBS bid protest complete and schedules final by 0900 PT
- Oct. 14 – Schedules posted in JCTE as scheduled
- Oct. 15 – FA to FA trading as scheduled
- Oct. 16 – Open Time as scheduled
- Oct. 17 – Out of domicile as scheduled
Republicans Blocked Payroll Support Program Extension Act From Moving Forward
Chair of the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Flight Attendant champion and honorary AFA member issued a statement after Republicans blocked H.R. 8504, the Payroll Support Program Extension Act, from moving forward. Click here for more >
“Hello, I am a constituent calling to tell my (Senator/Representative) that aviation workers are out of time. Furloughs have begun and we only have days to reverse course. We need a clean extension of the Payroll Support Program NOW. Without an extension of this successful jobs program, there is no backstop for layoffs. This is just the start. Inaction is not an option. We are out of time. #ExtendPSP now. Get it done. Thank you.”
Send a letter to your Representative and two Senators: https://actionnetwork.org/letters/save-aviation-jobs
Tweet Congress (and add pictures of you in uniform to each!)
We’ve made it easy to Tweet at your lawmakers. Click here to get started.
Or, you can copy and paste the following Tweets into your Twitter.
- Massive layoffs have begun for Flight Attendants & aviation workers. We only have a few days to reverse course. Extend the Payroll Support Program NOW, [tag your Senators/Representative]! Pass #ReliefNow to save my job & healthcare! #ExtendPSP
- I’m one of thousands of furloughed Flight Attendants who needs [tag your Senators/Representative] to act to extend the Payroll Support Program TODAY. We need #ReliefNow! #ExtendPSP
- Tell your personal story using the hashtags #ReliefNow and #ExtendPSP