Our union was built through the passionate work of volunteers. We continue to rely on our dedicated volunteer Committee Members to support our fellow Flight Attendants throughout AFA. If you’re ready to get involved and help to make a difference, read on.
All volunteers must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Completed at least 4 full calendar months of employment
- Member in good standing status (dues current)
- Member of the Local Council where you wish to serve
- Willingness to serve fellow Flight Attendants on a volunteer basis
Our Different Committees
Each committee has a different mission and program of work that helps to support our Flight Attendants. Below are the duties and responsibilities of each. Take a few moments to review each one and determine which ones best fit your interests and talents. Even if at first glance a particular committee doesn’t seem to fit your skills, know that training is available and provided to ensure that you’ll be successful no matter your role.
- Air Safety, Health, & Security Committee (ASHSC) Member
- Benefits Committee Member
- Communications Committee Member
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)/Professional Standards Committee Member
- Government Affairs Committee Member
- Grievance Committee Member
- Hotel Committee Member
- Human Rights Committee Member
- Inflight Service Committee Member
- Inflight Training Committee Member
- Membership Committee Member
- Mobilization Volunteer*
- Reserve Committee Member
- Retirement Committee Member
- Scheduling Committee Member
- Uniform Committee Member
* Only active during contract negotiations
Committee Leadership Roles
Making a Commitment
All AFA volunteers are asked to sign a Commitment to Serve form, which provides an outline of what’s expected of volunteers and what volunteers can expect from our AFA leaders. You can preview the form by clicking here.
Ready To Get Involved?
Contact your LEC President for information on the involvement opportunities within your Local Council