The following message is brought to you by your AFA Employee Assistance Program (EAP)/Professional Standards Committee and the Flight Attendant Drug & Alcohol Program (FADAP). EAP is always available as a resource to any Flight Attendant; contact information can be found at http://afaalaska.org/eap.
The holiday season is here! Normally, we equate the months of Thanksgiving through the New Year with festive celebrations and good cheers. However, for some, this time of year serves as a painful contrast to the joy that fills other’s lives, but maybe not our own.
The Flight Attendant Drug and Alcohol Program is a specialized program just for flight attendants and their family members afflicted or affected by substance abuse.
It’s called FADAP (The Flight Attendant Drug and Alcohol Program).
If you answer yes to any of the below questions, your drinking maybe putting you and/or your job at risk.
The Flight Attendant Drug and Alcohol Program (FADAP) can help you:
- Identify if you have a substance use problem needing professional assistance;
- Refer you into flight attendant specialized treatment services and
- Support you in your recovery journey.
So take the below quick screen and call the FADAP helpline if you answer yes to any of the below questions.
Flight Attendant Alcohol Use Screen
In the past year,
- Have you shown up for a flight hung-over?
- Have you bid a certain position to have easy access to alcohol?
- Have you consumed alcohol past the cut-off time?
- Have you felt bad or guilty about your drinking?
- Have you felt you should cut down on your drinking?
- Do you drink alcohol 4 or more times per week?
- Have you had 5 or more drinks on a typical day when you are drinking?
Remember, the Flight Attendant Drug and Alcohol Program (FADAP) is available 24/7 at (855) 333-2327 or (855) 33-FADAP. The FADAP operator will patch your call directly into your airline peer assistance program or the peer on-call. Your conversations are always confidential.
“Wings of Sobriety” Telephonic Meetings
Meeting times are scheduled on Wednesday at 3 PM EST and Saturday at 9 AM EST. Each meeting will last between forty-five (45) minutes to one (1) hour. The conference call in number is (855) 544-2320.
Your MEC – Jeffrey Peterson, Brian Palmer, Yvette Satterlee, Lisa Pinkston, Laura Masserant, Cathy Gwynn, Tim Green, Brice McGee and MEC EAP Committee Co-Chairpersons Elizabeth Dillon and Jeanne McCleave