This message is for pre-merger Alaska Flight Attendants
This evening at 10 PM, the largest update for Crew Access to date will be installed. The update, which should take approximately 40 minutes, includes a combination of fixes and new items. Included are approximately 30+ fixes will directly affect our workgroup.
The most anticipated and long awaited installation is the ability for Reserves to Advertise and Trade in Crew Access. Reserves will no longer have to use the “Reserve Trading Board” after this evening. Attached to this communication is a PDF which gives instructions on how to Advertise, Grab, Trade, Shift, and Split Reserve blocks and days.
Below is the list of the fixes and enhancements that are included in this evenings update.
- Will no longer see Pilot flying preferences when logging into Crew Access.
- Lineholder will no longer be able to self-assign trip longer than the reserve block picked up.
- Lock on last 5 days of month functional
- Hotel reservations no longer lost on call-out
- Server clocks are now synced
- FA now able to advertise SIP departing more than three hours out
- Quick Trip Report – TFP now showing and Times displayed
- Premium trips on Published Roster will now show 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 etc.
- Hotel information no longer lost on SIPs
- “Ignore” button added to Notification window in Crew Access
- Days will now show as limited at 10am day prior once self-assigning starts
- Sipped trips that do not report on same day as original trip will now show correct day and trip number
- Addition of vertical delineation between calendar days
- HomeBase filter will no longer show all bases
- LAX no longer listed as Co-Terminal on LTFA
- Charter rest rules being applied correctly
- Notifications that were acknowledged but still popping up will go away
- “HTTP method POST not supported” message resolved
- Issue of check in time same as departure resolved
- Limiting FAs to single session. If logged in twice, you will have some functionally in the first session but will NOT be able to process transactions.
- “Enter” key no longer functional when trying to complete consecutive trades
Reserve Specific Changes
- Ability to Grab, Trade, Split Reserve days now functional
- Ability to Direct Trade multiple reserve blocks with another FA
- Ability to Advertise end of month and/or beginning of next month’s reserve blocks individually.
- Reserve FAs able to give away their FAS to another FA with the same reserve block and classification
- Able to direct trade multiple reserve blocks
- Able to grab multiple reserve blocks
- LTFA will recognize start time based on release time of previous trip. 11.5 hours and 9 hours if waived rest.
- New FAs will now show on LTFA Report
- Standalone airport standbys will receive 5.0 TFP
- Reserves that self-assign Premium trips will no longer see “1.5, 2.0, 2.5” in Roster or “Premium” in Published Roster
After this installation, we will be receiving regular updates from Jeppesen every six weeks. We still have a laundry list of items and we have been working hard with Alaska Airlines management as well as Jeppesen management to resolve these issues quickly. We appreciate your patience and we will continue to advocate for Flight Attendants and use all resources available to ensure timely fixes.
If you have any questions about this update to Crew Access, please contact your Local Scheduling Committee.
Your MEC – Jeffrey Peterson, Brian Palmer, Linda Christou, Lisa Pinkston, Laura Masserant, Cathy Gwynn, Melissa Osborne, Tim Green, Brice McGee and MEC Scheduling Committee Chairperson Zac Weeks